File Sharing & Firewall Rules
How to Do File Sharing:
- Right-click on a folder and select Properties.
- On the Sharing tab, click Share this folder.
- If you want, you can specify a share name. By default, the folder name is used for the share name.
- You also can make a limit on user # on the number of open connections.
- Click Permissions.
- Click Add.
- Enter the user account for which you want to provide write access to the shared folder and edit his/her permission.
- If you try to connect a device by clicking on Network on your computer but nothing shows up. (You are sure that the file was shared). Just type the computer name such as \\347-BO1
- If multiple users can't open quickbooks or another app, the reason might be sharing problems.
- Share the file with other user by going File Properties >>> Security >> Sharing settings. (the folder may be hidden. Click the show hidden files option.)
- Give permissions from the firewall sharing. Click on the advanced settings in firewall page, if there is no Quickbooks rule, click on the "Add new rule", and open the quickbooks port via this rule.(See picture below.)
- Make sure that "Hosting Multi-User Access..." works. File>>Utilities>>Start Hosting Multi-User Access...
Computer Firewall Rules
Computer Own Firewall Rules; There are several network type such as public, work, home, domain on a computer. There may be permission for an app, software (such as quickbooks, netsupport, RDP) on a type of network. However, there may not permission on a different network type, such as public. So, the app will not work on the denial network. At this time, you may need to give permission manually. Please see the picture below. You can open a port by clicking a new rule. It should be on both inbound and outbound rules.
Post a Comment