General Computer Tips&Problems
- To see certificate on a computer: Win Search>>certificate OR Win+R>> certmgr.msc
- My server computer doesn't open. I open it via safe mode several times. Then, it opens normal mode by itself.
- My server RDC doesn't work; I restart server with installation updates; It makes RDC works.
- Feel free to use Ccleaner to find error such as Registry Error.
- Constantly overcharging any battery, be it notebook, cellphone or any other end user devices can exhaust and shorten the battery life. Not saying that you should always keep an eye on how long you charge it, but don’t abuse the battery by overcharging it either. If the battery is @ a full charge, unplug and allow it to gradually lose power before re-plugging for long periods of time (Some electronics automatically shut off to prevent overcharge. Check the specs of your devices if this feature is included. If you can’t find the feature it’s probably not included).
- If the screen has some issues. Updating graphic card may fix the issues.
- Update graphic card on device Manager.
- Go Display adapters.
- Right Click on it. And update driver.
- Downloading the driver from the manufacturer website might be helpful too!
- If you want to manually delete the entries from the Remote Desktop Connection Computer box in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection client, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default
The entries will appear as MRUnumber, and are visible in the right pane. Right-click the entry and select Delete.
- To configure sound /audio settings when you work on the remote desktop computer by using RDC. Click More and Go Local Resources.
- To delete an account permanently with full its data and folder:
Right lick on the computer (This PC) Then click on "Properties" >>AdvancedSystem Settings>>Advanced>> User Profiles>>Settings. Choose the profile. Then click on "DELETE"
- If you don't want to use built-in camera. Don't uninstall camera from device manager, just disable it! Otherwise, when the computer restart, it sees changes and reinstall again!
- My computer memory/CPU usage is ~100%. The reason might be a service,find the service. Pay attention to win update, notifications and search. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-svchostexe-and-why-is-it-running/
- Prevent users shutting down, restarting, windows, computer: You can do it by creating by editing group policy object. To do so, type mmc in start search and hit Enter to open the Microsoft Management Console. In the File tab, click on Add/Remove Snap-in. Then, In the left side, under the available Snap-in’s, select Group Policy Object and double-click on it. See the link. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/prevent-users-shutting-down-restarting-windows-computer
gpedit.msc>>Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Shut Down the System.
- If USB port or Battery is not working properly, go to device manager and uninstall&install driver. It may fix it.
- To clear your DNS cache ; cmd >>> ipconfig /flushdns
- Updating software fixes some issues such as wifi or usb. Download the most updated driver from directly driver company. (Wifi issue: Not Lenovo, from Intel!)
- ping 127.0.0.1; The computer will ping itself. If the network card is broken, it will not run!